Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Server Hands on

Hi,

I am doing Qlikview Server Hands on on single server. I have done installation with QVWS, Reload and Upgrade 

What are the other tasks I can perform on single node to do more hands on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What I would recommend you spend time doing is going through the QMC Help, there is a Help link on every page of the QMC in the upper right corner of the page, that will help you grasp every setting and what it can be used to do and the possible settings etc.  I would also spend time doing something in the QMC then going and checking the corresponding log file to see how that writes out there.  

The other thing would be making yourself familiar with the key files in an environment, the QVS Settings.ini, the QVWS Config.xml, and the QVPR files in the QMS.  You can use the XML DB Viewer Power Tool to view the QVPR files, makes things much easier to view and you can make changes if need be.  Also understanding how all the services talk to each other etc. and what information in the QMC comes from which service is also good to learn.  About the best I can offer, should keep you busy for a while.  I have been doing this for 15+ years now, and I still pick up new things quite often, so good luck in your endeavors, but the more you play with things, the better you will become with them.  You may want to take a look at the Techspert Thursday area of Community too, there are quite a few recordings out there at this point on different topics, a few that I have done too. on various backend topics.  I will be doing one in March on migrating a QlikView environment to new servers.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would recommend you to look into backup and restore.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What I would recommend you spend time doing is going through the QMC Help, there is a Help link on every page of the QMC in the upper right corner of the page, that will help you grasp every setting and what it can be used to do and the possible settings etc.  I would also spend time doing something in the QMC then going and checking the corresponding log file to see how that writes out there.  

The other thing would be making yourself familiar with the key files in an environment, the QVS Settings.ini, the QVWS Config.xml, and the QVPR files in the QMS.  You can use the XML DB Viewer Power Tool to view the QVPR files, makes things much easier to view and you can make changes if need be.  Also understanding how all the services talk to each other etc. and what information in the QMC comes from which service is also good to learn.  About the best I can offer, should keep you busy for a while.  I have been doing this for 15+ years now, and I still pick up new things quite often, so good luck in your endeavors, but the more you play with things, the better you will become with them.  You may want to take a look at the Techspert Thursday area of Community too, there are quite a few recordings out there at this point on different topics, a few that I have done too. on various backend topics.  I will be doing one in March on migrating a QlikView environment to new servers.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
vibhuadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is great Brett. Thanks . Can you provide the link of Techspert Thursday area of Community.?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the sign-up form to get the invites, once you do that, they should send the link to all the prior recordings I believe.  You can also just search for 'Techspert' in Community, and you will get a bunch of hits that way too...

https://go.qlik.com/GLBL_Customer_Support_Thursdays_Webinars_OptIn_PRG_Tch1_LP.html?_ga=2.233817886....

Regards,
Brett