Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Server QVS service Issue

We are using QV server Nov 2018 Release SR3. We applied some security policies on our server  and now the QVS is showing down on QMC. Eventhough all the QV windows services are running fine on the server. 

Any idea what might be broken.

Attached please find the screenshots.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

did you check if some ports where blocked?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q... 

It's hard to say something if you don't give some hints which security policies where applied.

Kind regards
Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

did you check if some ports where blocked?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q... 

It's hard to say something if you don't give some hints which security policies where applied.

Kind regards
Peter

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe the above post is the most likely issue, as that is the main difference between the QVS service and the other .Net Web Services, QVS communication always occurs via QVP protocol over TCP port 4747, whereas the .Net Web Services use HTTP protocol...  

You should increase the QMS logging to High/Debug and check the QMS log for further clues as to why the QVS service is not reachable...

Best I have with the information provided.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.