Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Services

Hello All,

Which Qlikview Services should not be installed on the same machine in case of clustering?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi dear  

Qlikview Server and Publisher can be on different machines in case of large number of users and documents, but the most importan reason is if you have mant reload task that are execute intra day (08:00 AM to 05:00PM).

Regardless of the number of machines, the services that you distribute on the most cases are QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher, because this services are the most use of resources. In some cases Web Server is separated on independent machines for security and user scalability (connection pool) reasons

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Freind

Any QV Service can be install in other machines (cluster) but typically you build a cluster in a performance situation, the services that use many reosurces is QlikView Server and QlikView Distribution Service, this installation requeries license conditions, QlikView Enterprise and one license for each QlikView Server Node and QlikView Distribution (Publisher) node

Thanks

vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean Qlikview Server and Publisher should be on separate machines in case of large number of users and documents?

In case of 3 machines or 5 machines how should I decide which services should be installed?   

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi dear  

Qlikview Server and Publisher can be on different machines in case of large number of users and documents, but the most importan reason is if you have mant reload task that are execute intra day (08:00 AM to 05:00PM).

Regardless of the number of machines, the services that you distribute on the most cases are QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher, because this services are the most use of resources. In some cases Web Server is separated on independent machines for security and user scalability (connection pool) reasons

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to what Marcos has said, which is spot-on, I would recommend looking in the following Community area too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gp-p/qlik-scalability

If Marcos' comments helped you with what you needed, do not forget to use the Accept as Solution button to mark the post that helped the most, so the poster receives credit for the help, and other Members know what was helpful.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.