Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLLO
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Setup Error

Moin 🙂

Ich rolle aktuell für meine Frau Qlikview aus. 
Das OS ist ein Win Server 2022 und frisch installiert - läuft als VM unter oVirt.

Jetzt bin ich schon das 15. mal locker durch das Setup durch und habe verschiedene kleinere Optionen gesetzt.
Trotz meiner Versuche, bekomme ich immer wieder den Fehler, der in dem angehangenen Screenshot zu sehen ist.
Und selbst in der Doku steht nur, dass der User, mit dem das angelegt werden solle, nur lokale admin Rechte benötigt. 
Die Option "Logon as a service" ist ebenfalls schon gesetzt worden.

Gibt es hier irgendeinen Kniff, den ich noch nicht sehe? Oder einen Teil Doku, der ergänzend ist? 

Wenn ich das Setup ohne User durchlaufen lasse (nach dem Setup müsste ich dann User setzen), funktioniert es, aber danach ist Qlikview halt broke..

Bitte um Input 😞

Grüße,
Daniel

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I could remember this kind of issue at least since the IR of QV 10 which is AFAIK caused by a conflict of resolving the user against the active directory. This means it's not new - neither for QlikView nor for Windows through multiple major releases of both.

The (in)officially solution from the Qlik guys were just to run to the installation without the user and to change the user afterwards which could be easily done within the service.msc. I did it in this way already multiple times and it  always worked without any side-effects.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@MLLO,

@marcus_sommer makes a great point here. During the installation you are prompted to specify the username/password of the service account. You can tick the I want to specify the account to be used for services later checkbox to allow the installation to proceed. Once install has completed, reboot the computer and then change the account for each service in the Windows Services applet.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @MLLO,

QlikView Desktop Personal Edition just means that QV Desktop isn't licensed. You should be able to lease a license from a QlikView Server. Refer to Qlik Support KB article How to Lease a License from QlikView Server to QlikView Desktop Client for details.

If you're in a situation where you're running v12.80 of QV Desktop and v12.70 or earlier of QV Server, refer to Qlik Support KB article Open in Server fails using QlikView Desktop May 2023 or later against earlier version of QlikView Se... on how to make the necessary configuration change.

Best Regards

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@MLLO  Good afternoon. The QlikView service account that you are trying to use, does it have 'Log On As A Service' right granted to it on the server you are attempting to install on?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
MLLO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Moin 🙂

This was one of my first troubleshooting steps - to go to gpedit and set the admin to the group "Logon as a service". I saw the error in event viewer before, but after adding the local admin to this group, nothing changed. I also thought about a technical user, which was joined to admin group and added to this logon group. But the same error appears again. 

I get it, the install user has to have the permission to create new users and roles.. But seems like the setup is trying to kid me 😞

Greets,
Daniel

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @MLLO,

What is the username of the account you are attempting to use? Are there any special characters in the username? Have you tried with a different account? 

Best Regards

marcus_sommer

I could remember this kind of issue at least since the IR of QV 10 which is AFAIK caused by a conflict of resolving the user against the active directory. This means it's not new - neither for QlikView nor for Windows through multiple major releases of both.

The (in)officially solution from the Qlik guys were just to run to the installation without the user and to change the user afterwards which could be easily done within the service.msc. I did it in this way already multiple times and it  always worked without any side-effects.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@MLLO,

@marcus_sommer makes a great point here. During the installation you are prompted to specify the username/password of the service account. You can tick the I want to specify the account to be used for services later checkbox to allow the installation to proceed. Once install has completed, reboot the computer and then change the account for each service in the Windows Services applet.

Best Regards

MLLO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This fixed it - thanks ❤️

But I ran into the problem, Qlik does not support Personal Edition anymore..
If I don't find a valid license, this project is dead 😞

But thanks for the tipp.

Greets,
Daniel

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @MLLO,

QlikView Desktop Personal Edition just means that QV Desktop isn't licensed. You should be able to lease a license from a QlikView Server. Refer to Qlik Support KB article How to Lease a License from QlikView Server to QlikView Desktop Client for details.

If you're in a situation where you're running v12.80 of QV Desktop and v12.70 or earlier of QV Server, refer to Qlik Support KB article Open in Server fails using QlikView Desktop May 2023 or later against earlier version of QlikView Se... on how to make the necessary configuration change.

Best Regards