Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Shared files

Hi all,

My app has "spawned" a TSHARED file today.`

All the shared objects are in the Shared File which the APP is refusing to use.

Is their an easy way to sort out this issue?

I'm getting a lot of "noise" about it understandably !

Also i would like to understand why this has happened.

We are on Qlikview 12.30.20100.0

ScreenshotScreenshot

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The executable to convert from Shared to TShared and vice versa doesn't work under Windows Server 2012 r2.

It works using Windows 10

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Tim,

You can check this article which explains how the .TSHARED and other file types are generated and what they are used for:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000048615

It doesn't answer it all, but should give you a good idea of how safe it is to remove it.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

S.T.

timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The executable to convert from Shared to TShared and vice versa doesn't work under Windows Server 2012 r2.

It works using Windows 10

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding the Help link to tshared files for future browsers, so they can read up on the official documentation.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

I am not sure why the app stopped using the shared file, you should have needed to do the conversion of the shared in this case.  The only thing of which I can think is the service recognized something corrupt in the shared file and spawned the tshared file for that reason.  The default setting on the tracks that support the tshared files is on by default, which will only impact new QVW files, existing QVW files will continue to use their shared file until you manually convert the shared file to tshared...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
VladKomarov
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Perhaps I am missing something, but the only option to convert the Shared file to TShared that works is the option [-p], which purges the file. 

I need to present all the content of the "original" file, but just convert it to TS format. 

I've tried to do that using [........ -v -f tx] command, but nothing happens. No error, just no conversion. 

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

Vlad