Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asr587
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Upgrade in Multi Servers

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky ,

As we have recently completed the Qlikview Upgrade to May 2022 Version in development server which is working as expected as of now.

And it's time to upgrade Qlikview in production but here the scenario is different for us ,as we have 2 production servers.

In one server, we have DSC,QDS,QMS services are present and in other server QVS,QVWS are present.

Here are my Questions ,

1.Do I Need to follow the same upgrade in procedure in both of the server which I did in dev server or is there any other approaches ?

2.Do I need to install the same set up (Did it in dev server) files in both the prod servers ?

Please help me on my questions and let me know if there are any other challenges ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (6)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@asr587 

You should only install the services you need on the Servers.

There are instruction for upgrading multi node site here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

View solution in original post

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@asr587   In addition to link provided by Maria here are some useful links for Upgrading and Migrating Best Practices for QlikView Services Config, Settings.ini and QVB Settings.ini Files 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-and-Migrating-Best-Practices-for-Q...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/A-QlikView-Upgrade-Guide/ta-p/1713389

Though the instructions are written with a QlikView 11.20 environment as the base install, the procedure can be applied to all QlikView versions.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @asr587,

As @Maria_Halley previously stated, only install the services that are needed on the server.

So for the server where you have DSC,QDS,QMS services installed, you would select the Custom Installation, select profiles radio button and tick the Reload/Distribution Engine, Management Console checkboxes. For the server where you have QVS, QVWS services installed, you would select he Custom Installation, select profiles radio button and tick the QlikView Server and Webserver checkboxes. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @asr587 ,

did you check that your NPrinting version is compatible with your installed QlikView version? Maybe you need to upgrade your NPrinting too.

QlikView May 2022 SR1 is supported since NPrinting May 2022 SR2 (Qlik NPrinting® Release Notes - May 2022 Service R... - Qlik Community - 1981918)

QlikView May 2022 SR2 is supported since NPrinting May 2022 SR4 (Qlik NPrinting® Release notes - May 2022 Service R... - Qlik Community - 2038775)

I did not find anything in the release notes of NPrinting May 2021 (every SR) that QlikView May 2022 is supported. So you need NPrinting May 2022 with the correct SR installed.

Kind regards

Peter

asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello All,

Post upgrading to the latest version of nprinting ,all the reports are working.

Thanks.

14 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@asr587 

You should only install the services you need on the Servers.

There are instruction for upgrading multi node site here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@asr587   In addition to link provided by Maria here are some useful links for Upgrading and Migrating Best Practices for QlikView Services Config, Settings.ini and QVB Settings.ini Files 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-and-Migrating-Best-Practices-for-Q...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/A-QlikView-Upgrade-Guide/ta-p/1713389

Though the instructions are written with a QlikView 11.20 environment as the base install, the procedure can be applied to all QlikView versions.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi  @asr587,

Both @Maria_Halley  and @Jill_Masinde  have provided great information. One other item would be to review the Release Notes for all versions between your current version and the version you are upgrading to, as they will provide information on changes to the product and bug fixes that were introduced.

Best Regards

asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello All,

From the below screenshots ,can you please confirm me what to select for two server as I mentioned for the services in that 2 servers.

(In one server, we have DSC,QDS,QMS services are present and in other server QVS,QVWS are present.)

I'm bit confused here what to select from the profiles related to services.

Please briefly explain me to not facing any issues during the upgrade.

asr587_0-1680699825004.png

Thanks in advance.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @asr587,

As @Maria_Halley previously stated, only install the services that are needed on the server.

So for the server where you have DSC,QDS,QMS services installed, you would select the Custom Installation, select profiles radio button and tick the Reload/Distribution Engine, Management Console checkboxes. For the server where you have QVS, QVWS services installed, you would select he Custom Installation, select profiles radio button and tick the QlikView Server and Webserver checkboxes. 

Best Regards

asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

Many Thanks for the detailed information.

One more query,I can see that the Qlikview Directory Service connector in presented in both the production servers.

It will install automatically with out selecting any profiles or it's common service in any instillation ?

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

asr587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky  @Maria_Halley @Jill_Masinde  

One more query,I can see that the Qlikview Directory Service connector in presented in both the production servers.

It will install automatically with out selecting any profiles or it's common service in any instillation ?

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@asr587 

If you install a QlikView it does. I assume that if you don't have one, you can't log in to configure the Server. 

Do you agree @Chip_Matejowsky ?