Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview freezes when reloads data

Hi Guys,

I've a serious problem with my qvw files; when I try reloading data the script execution freezes and I have to force quit the application by task manager. Into log file i've no error. Any suggestions?

30 Replies
marcus_sommer

giuseppe alleruzzo schrieb:

... until last week it worked fine

It's an important information! At first restart the whole server and try it again.

- Marcus

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Giuseppe,

Make sure that file is not locked or open by another application.

Not applicable
Author

Both of them (It doesn't work); I tried to change path but nothing. From the QV Server (with the desktop client and performed from the qlikview server) if I try to reload a qvd file no problem, If I try with DB, txt or excel it freezes. I don't know. It is as if unable to process the data.

Not applicable
Author

I restarted the server several times, how can i see if it's locked or used from another process or application?

Not applicable
Author

It doesn't work

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you see on the server, task manager is there any excel process running?

Or

In the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Shared folders -> Open Files

can you see if this excel file is opened, if yes just close the file and try again?

Not applicable
Author

No process in running, file excel is closed. Tried again, no changes

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

When you open the qvw file on server desktop, can you run the script in debug and see if it is still freezing in debug?

marcus_sommer

Take a look within the windows event-logs and the logs from any scan-tools and ask your IT people if they didn change anything or any patches happens - and if they could restore the server to the version of last week.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

In debug mode it works; what's the matter?