Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rishav_183
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview (personal edition) installation error

Please help me out with this problem.

After double click on .exe file of qlikview desktop setup file I get option to choose language then after choosing English(US) It starts extracting and then I get the window message as shown in Screenshot attached.

I have also tried to run the .exe file as administrator but it doesn't worked, also tried troubleshooting the application file but nothing worked.

Attached the screenshot of the error message

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rishav_183
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Daniele_Purrone  Thank You for your time.

Actually what I did is I installed it on someone else's system and then copied and bring the whole Qlikview folder in my system and it worked. I can now use the software.

For now I don't want to run that command to check if it installation is working or not.

I really appreciate your help

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. Please confirm your Desktop meets the Qlikview desktop install requirements?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QVDesktop-SystemR...

2. Confirm the account you are log onto the machine with in an administrator on the desktop.

3. Are there any error in the Desktop's Windows Event logs around the time of the attempted install?

4. Try turning off your antivirus during the install attempt. 

rishav_183
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, But still no progress, Getting same error window.
Since I don't have original windows installed in my system, Is that the reason why I am getting this error, But previously Whenever I encountered any error I have solved it I didn't faced any issue with windows OS. 

This time I am not getting any solution to this problem,  This time the solution to the problem occurring during  installation is not available anywhere.

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Questions:

1. is this a first time install on this machine of Qlikview Desktop or an upgrade?

2. Is this a corporate or personal laptop?

3. Can you perform install of other applications?

Try the below steps:

1. Have you tried a complete uninstall of the Qlikview desktop . Including removing any created folders.- ( I know install hadn't completed) 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-To-Perform-Complete-Clean-Uninstall-Of-QlikView/ta-p/171...

2. Download another copy of Qlikview desktop :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads?_ga=2.238851520.1754674520.1648469206-396670...

3. Attempt install  and report results. 

Note:

1. If the above doesn't work, please open a support case .

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

HI @rishav_183 ,

it looks like the installation is run with some missing parameters.
What happens if you try a silent installation by typing Win+R ("Run") and then execute  "C:\PATHTOYOUREXECUTABLE\QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe /v/qn" ?

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
rishav_183
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone 

After executing the command: 

D:\Cognizant_Courses\QlikView\QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe /v/qn

InstallShield Wizard opened and then after around 10 sec it got closed automatically and then nothing happened.

Please help me out...

Screenshot:

Screenshot (604).png

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @rishav_183 , that's something!

So, the "/qn" flag means "completely silent". So, it might be that the client was installed in the background, without any feedback. Seeing InstallShield Wizard for 10 seconds is exactly what I'd expect. Can you check if the client was installed?
If not, you can try again with "D:\Cognizant_Courses\QlikView\QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe /v" and see what happens there. In this case, you will get to do a prompted installation.

Please note: April 2020 is going out of support in just a few days, I'd recommend using a more recent version instead.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
rishav_183
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Daniele_Purrone  Thank You for your time.

Actually what I did is I installed it on someone else's system and then copied and bring the whole Qlikview folder in my system and it worked. I can now use the software.

For now I don't want to run that command to check if it installation is working or not.

I really appreciate your help

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rishav_183 , happy you solved this, thanks for the info!