Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview upgrade: May 2022 Initial release

Hi All,

While doing Qlikview upgrade to May 2022 Initial release based on single node environment, We are currently stuck with distribution of the task. As we copied the old QVPR from different environment(multinode environment) to this single node the distribution of the tasks are going from the older multinode setup due to QVPR xml files.

May be if someone can help me here to know more about what I can change in the QVPR folder(as it contains many xml files) so that the tasks will only run from single node as a cluster. Currently, the tasks are running from multi cluster environment.

I tried to update this xml file : QDSCluster.xml(under : C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR) but I am not sure about <QDSCluster DistributionServiceID>  where I can get this info?

Thanks,

Kunal Khatod

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @kunalkhatod123,

Since you restored the QVPR from a separate QlikView Server/Publisher environment, you'll want to follow Qlik Knowledgebase article QlikView:  Migrating to a different machine and the online QlikView Help entry Upgrading to a different machine. These provide the steps needed to edit the QVPR to align with the new server. If you need direct assistance with this upgrade/migration, contact your Qlik account manager to arrange an engagement with Qlik Professional Services.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @kunalkhatod123,

Since you restored the QVPR from a separate QlikView Server/Publisher environment, you'll want to follow Qlik Knowledgebase article QlikView:  Migrating to a different machine and the online QlikView Help entry Upgrading to a different machine. These provide the steps needed to edit the QVPR to align with the new server. If you need direct assistance with this upgrade/migration, contact your Qlik account manager to arrange an engagement with Qlik Professional Services.

Best Regards

kunalkhatod123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Chip_Matejowsky ,

I followed the same steps mentioned in the Article but somehow its still not distributing the tasks for the node which we have setup as an individual one. Also, it gives a shock to us when we applied our lower environment publisher and server licenses in this new single node environment but somehow its impacting to the production setup now. e.g. one Qlikview server on the QVD node went off duty.

Thanks,

Kunal Khatod

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kunalkhatod123,

So it seems you were able to successfully import the tasks from the old QlikView Server/Publisher environment to your new one? Can you provide more details on its still not distributing the tasks for the node which we have setup as an individual one?

Note that you can't simultaneously use the same QlikView Server license on multiple QVS environments - this is working by design. Refer to article Unable to Start QlikView Server Service - Status Message:  Off Duty.

Best Regards