Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlkView Publisher Task Distribution List vs Section Access

Hello All.  Currently we utilize section access and "Filter AccessPoint based on section access" setting within each of our QlikView applications.  However, we also have each individual user on each task distribution list in the QMC.

Is there any reason why we would need the latter?  In other words, do you think we lose security if we only have section access, along with AccessPoint filterering and then distribute our apps to all authenticated users?

Please advise if any clarification is needed.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You will always have to have the users assigned to the document some how (Groups, etc). That makes it where they can see the document in the accesspoint. Section Access is additional security and allows data reduction based on who you are.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You will always have to have the users assigned to the document some how (Groups, etc). That makes it where they can see the document in the accesspoint. Section Access is additional security and allows data reduction based on who you are.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  I believe you have answered my question.  Unless we are using the section access for data reduction, using both methods would be redundant.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It can also be used as another level of security. If I take you qlikview document that has section access on it and I am not included in section access I will never be able to open it.

Bill