Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timbatman
Contributor
Contributor

Quarantined User CAL's

We have just upgraded to QlikView 12.  We have 10 user CAL's as part of our server license.  Historically when someone could not access our projects, we would just delete the users that haven't access the projects in awhile.  I believe in QlikView 11 the quarantine time was only 24 hours.

However, with QlikView 12, it appears it has changed to 7 days.  Meaning if someone has accessed within the past week, they will be scheduled to be deleted 7 days after last access.  If they haven't used in more than that, then they are automatically deleted.  My question is there a way to delete quarantined users?  Some accessed our projects by mistake and are taking up spots preventing the more important people from viewing.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The change in quarantine days was done just to make it less attractive to systematically violate the Qlik License Agreement by moving and sharing CALS between users. I sure you are aware of what's written in the license agreement regarding license transfers. 

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is adue to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software.

I would recommend you to accept the quarantine period and not try to manipulate it. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @timbatman,

@Vegar is correct. The quarantine period for Named User CALs was changed. Please refer to Qlik Support article "Quarantine Period For Named User And Document CALs In QlikView Has Changed" for the appropriate documentation.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Tim, just adding direct link to the Product Terms document for you, so you can read the details on what you are allowed to do and not allowed in relation to legal side of things...

QlikView Product Terms

Vegar took the pertinent statement from the doc, but just in case you wanted to read things more thoroughly, I wanted to post the link to the actual doc for you.  What you were doing previously is technically a violation of the license agreement if the employee has not left the company or is no longer using the product, and both Chip and Vegar were correct in their summary of the extension of the quarantine preventing abuse of the Named/Document CAL assignments 'active' management prevention.    You should have enough Named/Document CALs to cover each user in the environment.  For occasional users you should consider Session or Usage CALs...

Regards,
Brett

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.