Did you mean: 
antoinelaviron
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

QvOdbcConnectorPackage not running and disabled in QV 12.10

Good morning

I am not able to use QvOdbcConnectorPackage in QV

Here is what I did so far

• I installed QvODBCConnectorPackage (v4.0) on my Qlikview server (QV 12.10.20100.0 , Win 2012 R2, 64bits)
  • When, using QV Desktop (12.10.2010100.0. SR3), when I try to select the connector in my script I have the following error message:

2018-04-27_07-49-40.png

• So did the following :I went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvODBCConnectorPackage and launched QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe. I had the connector interface in which I have been able to establish a connection with my postgresql DB, to run some queries and to get the data stored as .QVX files into C:\TEMP. Logs are Ok for this action.

Do you have any idea how can I enable this connector in QV?

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Antoine

7 Replies
jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Antoine,

can you try by opening Qlikview Desktop as an administrator ? ==> Right click, open as administator ?

Best regards.

Johann

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Antoine,

Did you find a solution ?

Because I got the exact same message when trying the QvOdbcConnectorPackage in a script.

(On QV 12.2 SR6 )

Thanks

Regards

Denis

agus_santoso1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

downgrade your QvODBCConnector to version 1 (64bit).

It worked for me.

Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit,

QlikView : 11 SR13

QlikView Server : 11

Roland
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

we have the same problem in our enviroment. Is the only solution to downgrade to a older version of the REST-Connector? I did not try that yet, but i think its a general problem which should be fixed. We using this kind of connections more and more in QlikView as many of our own-written programs use same database connections to fetch data.

Greetings

Roland

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hey all. Have a look at this Qlik Support article and try the steps therein: https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000051230. If you're still having issues after implementing the steps within the article, please contact Qlik Support for further assistance.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Roland
Contributor
Contributor

This solved my problem! Thanks a lot!
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Awesome! Glad to help!

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!