Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke_Killer_IT
Creator
Creator

RangeSum decimal numbers

Good morning

Could you explain to me how exactly rangesum works because I have this code "rangesum(above(num(funkcion,'#.###0'),0,RowNo())".
but when summing it changes my numbers from 0 decimal places to 3 places as it is in the data retrieved from the database you can see in the screenshot the difference using rangesum and without it, is it possible to write code to sum integers 

Luke_Killer_IT_2-1666693632613.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Luke_Killer_IT
The RangeSum() function in QlikView is used to do a selective sum on chosen fields which is not easily achieved by the sum function. It can take expressions containing other functions as its arguments and return the sum of those expressions.  RangeSum() returns the sum of a range of values. All non-numeric values are treated as 0.
Syntax:  RangeSum(first_expr[, Expression])

Have a look at the following:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Luke_Killer_IT
Creator
Creator
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky 

I understand that if my expression has several functions and they are calculated with a decimal number, and then the given value, which is the first expression, is superimposed function num, so that there are no decimal places. However, RangeSum, breaks the first expression into decimal numbers and sums them. Which is not correct because it brings up erroneous results for me