Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III

Receiving Task failure emails for Tasks that do not exist

I am receving task failure messages for tasks that do not exist in the QMC.  We were undering a cleanup effort and these tasks have been removed.  During the removal process i first delete the Task that is attached to the QVW.  Then i remove the QVW from the file share. But afterwards  at the time the tasks normally run i receive a task failure notification that says "QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): ".  I checked and rechecked to make sure the Task really doesn't exist nor do any orphan tasks exists.  I stopped and re-started the QlikView Management Service on the QMC server thinking maybe something was cached but the messages keep coming.  

Any thoughts on why these failure notifications would keep occuring?  This type of clean up occurs on a regular basis but never have i received these type of notifications afterwards.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Ericga,

Based upon your description, there may be an orphaned app that still has a task associated with it, or remnants of the task is still present in the QVPR. Check the following 3 Qlik Support articles:

How to Fully Remove or Decommission an Application from QlikView Server/Publisher
What does Orphans folder in Source Documents mean?
How To Remove Orphaned QlikView Apps

If you need assistance with checking the QVPR, it may be best to do so via a Qlik Support case. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Ericga,

Based upon your description, there may be an orphaned app that still has a task associated with it, or remnants of the task is still present in the QVPR. Check the following 3 Qlik Support articles:

How to Fully Remove or Decommission an Application from QlikView Server/Publisher
What does Orphans folder in Source Documents mean?
How To Remove Orphaned QlikView Apps

If you need assistance with checking the QVPR, it may be best to do so via a Qlik Support case. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Chip, by the time i got back to looking into this the messages had stopped.  i think there was something remaining in the QVPR as you mentioned and it finally flushed out.  

Thanks Again