Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reduce by Bookmark - No bookmarks found

I tried to reduce a document by a bookmark I just made in the publisher.But the problem is I don't see my bookmarks after opening the document.

Can someone help me on this? Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yea you will need to open the qvw in the desktop client and create it as a document bookmark

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I made the bookmarks online through access point. I assume the bookmarks are saved in the server.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reagan,

" by a bookmark I just made in the publisher"
What do you mean by this? Have you created a document bookmark in your qvw? You will need to create the bookmark in the qvw (as a document bookmark, there is a tickbox for this when creating the bookmark) for it to appear in the list on the QMC.

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

I open the document online and made the bookmark there. So you mean to say I need to make a bookmark OFFLINE?

Not applicable
Author

Yea you will need to open the qvw in the desktop client and create it as a document bookmark

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I thought bookmarks in the server can be used.

And do you know why some field values are not shown when you select "Reduce By Field Value"? I have a field "PLZ" and there are around maybe  200 values in it. But the problem is NOT all are shown so I can't select the desired value I want. DO you know why?

Not applicable
Author

Hmm not sure why values would not be showing, I've not come across that. The field does show up though? How many of the 200 show up? Can you post up an image of what is displaying?

Not applicable
Author

Actually there are 3506 values in the PLZ field. And I counted that only the first 1000 values are shown. Is it a memory limit?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reagan

There is a hardcoded limit of 1000.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reagan,

there is your answer then, as Magnus says, there is a limit of 1000.

As there is more than that, there is something you might be able to try to get this working (no idea if it will work though).

Reload your application manually, adding in to the script a reduction down on 'PLZ' to the value you want

(resident load with a where clause).

Save that and then load up your QMC.

Create the task and do the reduction on the field value (only one in there due to the above) and then save the task.

Reopen your application and remove your script reduction and then save.

Now run the task and it should reduce down to your value.

Hope that makes sense

Joe