Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Support Case Portal will move to Qlik Community Oct 4. Temporary case outage Oct 3. READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klas_lavenius
Partner
Partner

Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

The tasks of reloading License Monitor, as well as Operations monitor fails.

When viewing the log , the following stands out, 

2016-12-29 11:06:38      Error: Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 11:06:38      Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

0144 FOR each folder in DirList(archivedLogsFolder & '*')

  2016-12-29 13:05:00 0145

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Error: Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Execution Failed

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Execution finished.

BUT then What ???

Any suggestions anyone !!

5 Replies
agomes1971
Specialist II
Specialist II

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You are trying to reload them with a non- Root Admin account?

Check the QMC to verify that the Data Connections are indeed there.

If you are not RootAdmin then you cannot reload the Monitor Apps (or duplicates of them) from the Hub because you don't have access to those data connections.

What version of Sense?

klas_lavenius
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Tyler.

Thanks for quick answer, I’ll give You a quick back , but I just realized, there are a lot of things that should have been made this year !!

You’ve the same feeling ??

Anyways . Version is 3.1

User has root admin. It is the Sense _owner who runs it, ‘couse it is a sceduled task.

The data connections are there

Now the funny thing !.

I have an identical installation in another server (two companies in the same group) , and the firs installation is working just fine, the second is the one I’ve problem with.

AND as said m everything is (supposed to !!) be identical and when comparing it does look the same except for one thing

In the one working the connections looks like

In the one NOT working , the archivedLogsFolder has an OWNER

(which is the one I used when installing (exactly as I did in the first installation ) .

Strange ??!!

Any quick suggestions ? , Or we just wait until next Year!!

Rgds

Klas

Från: Tyler Waterfall

Skickat: den 29 december 2016 17:48

Till: Klas Lavenius <klas.lavenius@bipab.se>

Ämne: Re: - Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

<https://community.qlik.com/resources/images/palette-1004/headerLogo-1391206184624-QlikCommunity_logo.gif>

klas_lavenius
Partner
Partner
Author

Turnes out the solution to this problem was very simple:

Just change the name of the ArcivedLogsFolder connection in QMC  (remove the "(XY\Qlikuser)") .

And that is it.

Now Reload works just fine!!

Why the situation occured in the first place is another story!!

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Good to hear!

It sounds like user XY\Qlikuser created the ArchivedLogsFolder data connection - either manually or by importing the Operations Monitor or License Monitor apps (after the ArchivedLogsFolder data connection was removed or renamed).

Weird.

But, glad you are back in business. (y)