Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reload time doubled all of a sudden

Hello everyone,

a client started experiencing very slow reload times all of a sudden.

They have a QVW that reloads every hour, average time was 25 minutes, it has been like that for years.

Less than a month ago the reload time startet to range from 55mins to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Nothing changed in the script and the amount of data is almost the same as before.

I have checked and it seems like it's working way way slow on group by clause now, even very simple ones. It takes about 10 minutes to calculate

Left join (TAB) load

KEY,

Min(Left(right(CDC,5),4)) as [MINYEAR]

Resident TAB

Group by KEY;

on a table with less than 1M records.

what could it be?

The only thing the client told me is that they have added a new server on their VMWare environment, but all the machines should be balanced. We have made all the windows and VMWare drivers update on the machine just to make sure everything is up to date.

No other changes have been made to the environment.

Qlikview 11.20 SR4 is installed on a Windows Server 2008 SR2

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is your VM using reserved memory?

lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I'm gonna ask the customer, but it should be already like that.

Anyways i don't think the problem is the RAM cause i don't see the usage going up very much during the script reload.

avinashelite

Whats the current size of your app ?

lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

it is around 30MB,it's pretty small

avinashelite

then it should be an issue ....check whether any other process is consuming RAM at the same time ? or

try pushing the group clause to DB and check

lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

There are no other processes consuming RAM, anyway i don't think RAM is the issue because the usage is below 40%.

I belive it is something related to CPU and VMWare configuration, but i dont really know what to check with the IT, they said they've only added a new server on the environment.

jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there any software that may be locking files such as Anti-Virus or is the file in a shared location?  I know we had several issues related to anti-virus software locking files/folders and the connection between our file repository server and the publisher/app servers was being hindered.  Once these were resolved our reload times went back to normal. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it happening for many applications or for only this application ?

if it's just for this application, How long it take when you run that manually ?