Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mauroconcha
Contributor
Contributor

Remove Doc CAls easy way

Good afternoon to all community, 

this is my first question in this forum. 

i need some help, im trying to clean the documents Cals from the Discontinued or outdated dashboards in my infraestructer, im talking about around 300 Dashboard and in want to know if exist  a easy way to clean this document CAls. i am using QV 12.5

I gonna need to delete the files .QVW and if i dont remove the Document CAll im gonna have Orphan Files in QMC

Annyone faceit the same problem?

Best Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution
5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I doubt that there is an easy way. I'm not sure but I think there are possibilities within the QMC API and maybe also with the old powertools (I don't know if they further exists for 12.5).

But both methods are surely not trivial and will need some efforts to install + config + understanding them. Further you will need to say the tool how they should detect outdated dashboards and/or you need to specify it itself - means there is some manually work needed. Therefore I could imagine that the most practically and fastest way is to do everything manually within the QMC - at least by just 300 dashboards (by many many thousands the balance may change) - even if it's an ugly job.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @mauroconcha,
I'm moving this thread from the Qlik Sense forum to the QlikView forum so that it reaches it's intended audience.  I agree with Ray in the article he provided would be the best path forward.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @mauroconcha,

Have you tried the potential solution that was provided? Can you provide a response?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mauroconcha 

We would appreciate your feedback.  If  the suggested solution addressed your concerns. Kindly confirm by clicking on " Accept as solution"