Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset Macro security settings

Hello community,

Please help with the following problem:

- the same Qlikview application, opened with the Internet Explorer Plugin, on two machines with similar settings (similar user rights, similar programs), both having Powerpoint installed,

- a Macro which opens Powerpoint and dumps images,

works on one machine, opens it and starts dumping the images,

the other fails with error message: failed to create Activex object, error in Macro.

We understood it is a problem with the Macro Level settings, and so we have removed the lines with [Module Checksums System] from the file: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini  , as we read here: How to reset Macro authorizations

and here: QlikView macro security .

However, this does not seem to have any effect, the Macro still fails as described.

What are we doing wrong, what else should we change?

IE is 11, Qlikview version is 12.0...

13 Replies
marcus_sommer

You have discovered the Qlik easter eggs which are not documented nor supported from Qlik. Changes there might have strange effects - you may compare them against your other users to detect any differences. Some of these settings will be stored within the settings.ini but I think there are also ones which are stored within the registry which may also a place to check and compare entries.

Before this I would rather de-install QlikView and/or the plugin and installing it again and/or check if this user could work with the machine from colleague - if this worked than the issue is related to the user-machine and if not with his/her profile. It's rather seldom but profiles could get corrupted ... also it's thinkable that any group policy is active (often there are further tools/processes than the usual firewalls and antivirus).

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, Thank you Marcus, i agree, but is there any setting that i could see some debug output?

marcus_sommer

There are some further logs respectively information which could be enabled within the easter eggs like this ones:

And I believe there is even more but I'm not sure that it will help you much as it might show that there is any error but the probably not why.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we have changed this already earlier, without any success