Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rollback from QV 11.2 SR5 to 11.0 SR2

Hi guys,

For a test purpose, I have installed QVserver 11.2 SR5 (single machine).Now i want to go back to 11.0 SR2, so i uninstalled 11.2 SR5 and then installed again 11.0 SR2. The problem is i'm getting some issues with the ManagementService. When i checked the log, i notice this error:

Found database version: 11.20.002.2EBE093AEDB85DA725D2FF9DA24E51026C727B50

05/03/2014 17:08:34.9825052    Error    Fatal error occurred while initializing repository. System.Exception: Can not use selected database because it is a future version 11.20

at QMSBackendDDL.Config.CreateAndPatchDatabase()

at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.StartupRepository(Int32 rootLogID, String newConnectionString)

Any idea how can i fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The are changes to the QVPR directory and the file structure. Look in the QVPR folder (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR) and see if you have a folder called "Backup". If you do go to a date before the upgrade and extract the files and replace the one in the QVPR directory. Need to do this with all the services shutdown

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hopefully you were not playing on your production server. The problem with uninstallers is that they almost always leave something behind.

I suspect that some remnant registry key is causing this. Ideally you would roll you server back to the prior state. Alternatively, our suggestion would be to uninstall the QlikView server and manually go into the registry and remove all entries QlikView and QlikTech.

Not applicable
Author

Why you want to roll back?

and yes clearing registry key helps.

use ccleaner

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Unfortunately there are times where you are unable to use the latest version of the software. For example, bugs in the newer version that are not in earlier versions, you would normally roll back to an earlier version until the issue is fixed.

Not applicable
Author

I just upgraded to 11.2 SR5 from 11.0. have not got any bug yet except one but still I am testing it more talking about Desktop Client not server

Not applicable
Author

which bug did you get?

Not applicable
Author

i was just testing rollback

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kwork, I was just testing the rollback scenario, just in case i want to go back to the earlier version, what is the procedure, if uninstalling causes problems?

Not applicable
Author

Its is something strange, a dimension has only null values in straight table that were correct in previous version

Not applicable
Author

unistall server

use ccleaner to remove registry keys

restart

install server

restart

You may remove program data too