Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Reload not executing

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a scheduled reload for a (any) QVW on the QlikView server. I'm using QV Server v12 with no publisher and setting up the scheduled reload through the Reload tab in documents in the QlikView Management Console.

The task is created via the Reload tab and appears under Tasks with the Waiting status however it doesn't execute... I've tried scheduling reloads for a couple other QVWs with different schedules i.e. hourly, daily and I get the same outcome - still waiting!

I see the task is under the QDS service, but publisher isn't installed. Would this be causing an issue?

There is no task log or history as the task never gets executed/started.

(To give further context, originally the reload tab wasn't showing up when I selected documents under 'User Documents' so I followed the solution in this thread and this solved the problem in terms of showing the reload tab. This may have a knock on effect?)

Is it an issue with the task setup under the QDS service?

Maybe I'm overlooking something straight forward?

Are there any more settings I need to apply to get the QVW to execute the scheduled reload?

I've searched the community for solutions but I haven't managed to resolve it yet. Can anyone offer any advise or experienced this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dermot

19 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You could use Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView to list all licenses before installation and apply them after the fresh install

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QlikView Distribution Service is not to be uninstalled, or you won't be able to reload any document. The QDS process will always be present in every single system-QlikView server, but the license will determine whether we call it a Publisher (license added) or a "Reload tab" (no license added). The software will be the same in the two cases. So do not remove/disable the QDS.

Check whether the license has effectively been removed from your QMC setup. There is a special tab for that in QMC->System->Licenses->QlikView Publisher.

It used to be the case that you couldn't unlicense a Publisher, you had to re-install the QlikView Server to get rid of the Publisher license. But workarounds have been available. It all starts with the removal of the license though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

There is nothing under the Distribution Services in the System section of QMC.

However the evaluation publisher licence is still there see below (just removed some of the detail..)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QMC, clear all data entry fields for the Publisher license and press the "Apply License" button. Then restart the Distribution Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter, I cleared all fields under the QlikView Publisher Licence section in the System tab however when I click "Apply Licence" the following appears in red - "Must enter a serial number". I proceed to restart the Distribution Service but when I return to QMC the QlikView Publisher Licence details remain the same.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try by removing the file REGINFO.txt that is present in folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService. Then restart the Distribution Service, and - for good measure - the QlikView Management Service as well.

This is not something I do every week, you know

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter,

After your advise I came across this post Clear Publisher Licence‌. It worked in terms of clearing the Publisher licence!

However the QDS is still showing as down in the QMC and the scheduled reload isn't executing. See screenshots:

QlikView Distribution Services is gone

The clock is now showing on the document when I schedule a reload

But it's not executing, probably because its under the QDS service which is still down:

All QlikView services seem to be running ok:

So I think the issue now is that QMC can't see the Distribution Service is actually running?

Thanks again

Dermot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to everyone for your contributions to date. So I think it looks like the issue is that QMC can't see the Distribution Service is actually running.

Ideally I wouldn't like to do a full server reinstall. Hopefully someone can confirm/advise on the following.. Can you do a standalone custom Distribution Service (QDS) re-install and if so this would this impact other services?

Thanks again

Dermot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can any support staff / server gurus advise if it's possible to do a standalone custom Distribution Service (QDS) re-install and it wouldn't impact other services currently working ok?

Thanks

Dermot

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I suggest you reach out to Qlik Support as the QVPR needs to be reviewed for anomalies. As you indicated an earlier post that at one point a Publisher license was applied to this environment, that fact likely has things misaligned within the QVPR.

- Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!