Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduling data extraction

If I would like to perform data extraction in batch mode during off-peak period of network, I guess I have to schedule a script with LOAD statement and store it in .qvd files . I understand depending on datasource ( DB or Excel file) LOAD statement will vary. But how to schedule and invoke the script to perform data extraction ?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Panda,

It doesn't need to find which data has to loaded for the current reload. So don't think timestamp will be required here. I just want to reload the data based on some condition and not neccessarily the time stamp. So is there are any possible way to do this?

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Attitude,

I can't view the picture what are u looking for ...Please explain

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

SQL Select a,b,c,Year from table;

Imagine this is the SQL. I want to run this on hourly basis. So in this case if there wont be any changes in the year(2006-2009) then it is not neccessary to reload all the data. We can reload only the current year. So for this case we can check whether the year is greater than 2009 and load only 2010 dat on hourly basis. But loading all the data's of the year 2010 though few rows has been loaded already.

Hope you can understandable now. If not please let me know!