Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Section Access applying Resctritions to Service Account User

Hello everybody,

I am struggling with an issue within Section Access.

Currently everything is woking fine and SectionAccess restricts the Data exacty the way as it is supposed to be,

except for the NT-User under which the QlikView Services (especially Distribution Service) is running.

In the Section Access Part this User is mentioned with entry BLANK() on the Limitation Field in order to make a proper reduction.

Unfortunately I cannot Quote this User again (2nd line in script) in Section Access with a Limitation on the reduction field , otherwise Section Access doesn't work anymore and Access is denied on Accesspoint for all users--> which makes sense.

We have not set up a QVService Account on the QV-Server, so the question is:

Is there a possibility to give this  ServiceAccount User (who on the one hand is an ordinary User in QlikView and on the other hand is local Admin  which has al QV-Services running under) restricted user rights?

I hope I made myself clear.

Thank you in advance.

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Phiipp,

your document doesn't cover the security requirements I often face. To most (enterprise) qlikview users, security has to be managed externally and in its entirety. They don't like being forced to change a QlikView script each time a new GROUPx is created.

Moreover, in many cases (except in QV-based product development where they are a necessary evil) hidden scripts are seen as a feature to-be-avoided. Again security should be external to QV and shouldn't harass developers or hamper development workflows.

I think there is no generic solution for managing data/document security in QlikView. It may be highly situation-dependent. I do apologize if my remarks are of no use to you or this discussion. They're just the results of my personal experiences (and frustrations).

Best,

Peter