Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access not working from Access Point

Hi fellow members,

Hope you all are good.

I am facing a problem with the authorization of security (data reduction) where I have only QlikView Server (No publisher).

I am using section access with NTNAME, ACCESS, and Fields I want to reduce the data from, I have used everything in upper case (FIELDS as well as VALUES in it), checked the "initial data reduction....." in document properties - opening tab.

After reload, When I open it from QlikView Desktop it works as it should (means reduction applied properly and section access works fine), but when I access the same document from access point it says "Access denied for the user".

Any help would be highly appreciated as it is URGENT and IMPORTANT.

Thanks in advance

UI

12 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

How is it applied?

When you are accessing from desktop are you saving coming out and back in?

When using access point are you going directly from your machine or remote on server?

Long shot on the problem, but you given the service account admin right in the section Access?

Mark

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

How is it applied?

I have to reduce the data on three fields user wise i.e. Deposit_Group (Table: Dep), Region (Table: GeoDist) and Cluster (Table: GeoDist)

I have done the following for Section Access application.

First I made three resident link tables to have values and column names in upper case and to avoid the synthetic and circular references since two fields are coming from one table (GeoDist) that is the reason I have made link tables and not directly put the data model fields in section access.

PortfolioLink:

LOAD Deposit_Group,

Upper(Deposit_Group) as DEPOSIT_GROUP_LINK

Resident

Dep;

RegionLink:

LOAD Region,

Upper(Region) as REGION_LINK

Resident

GeoDist;

ClusterLink:

LOAD Cluster,

Upper(Cluster) as CLUSTER_LINK

Resident

GeoDist;

Section Access;

LOAD

ACCESS,

NTNAME,

DEPOSIT_GROUP_LINK,

CLUSTER_LINK,

REGION_LINK

FROM

[...\QV Users List.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [User Rights]);

Section Application;

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When you are accessing from desktop are you saving coming out and back in?

Yes after reload I saved the application and the re-open it to verify the section access functionality. Works fine on desktop client.

When using access point are you going directly from your machine or remote on server?

In both cases it says "access denied" while accessing from access point, Checked!

Long shot on the problem, but you given the service account admin right in the section Access?

Yes, I have given the NTNAME and ACCESS as ADMIN for Service Account.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Another thing to check.

Is the NTNAME like DOMAIN\USERNAME, it does need to be upper-case.

Mark

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes Mark, it is in upper case, like I said every field name and field value is in upper case.

Works fine opening from desktop, access denied from access point.

UI

avinashelite

did you check that the user has access for that particular document folder ?? because as you said you are able to login in the local system but not in access point so check whether the user has access permission for that document folder

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes I have tried that too. added the users in folder and document's security with full control, but no result!

Not applicable

Hi Umer,

Could you check whether the user has data in dataset.

One more work around you can do is go to Document setting -> Opening Tab -> uncheck strict exclusion (now it should open for user even if there is no data in dataset).

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Did you give that access permissions (Folder level) to the Domain user accounts??? And while opening through desktop what user names you are using?

Check who is the user when you are accessing the document through Desktop version and then check the credentials you are entering through Access point whether they are tallying or not.

BR,

Dinu1