Qlik Community

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator

Section Access x Publisher Distribution

Hi there,

I'm having some issues with Publisher regarding distributing a QVW in which there is section access configured.

My script is somewhat like this:

Section Access;

Acces:

LOAD * Inline [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, GROUPACCESS

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, *, 1

USER, *, *, DOMAIN\USER, 0

];

After that is the section application, which is working fine.

When I reload the QVW, save it, close QlikView and open the file again, based on the fact that I'm logged on the computer with the DOMAIN\USER as informed above, I can open the file and the section access/application work fine, restricting the data as expected.

In another machine or when logged as a different user, I can use the ADMIN password and see the whole application.

On the Access Point with Publisher, document reload works fine (because after reloading I can open the document and the behaviour is the same as above), but while distributing to named users (in this case, groups), when I try to open the file on the AP, I get the pop up asking for the user and password, which shows that the section access stop working after the file distribution.

Did any of you had the same issue or have a clue of what can I do to fix this problem?

Below is what I tried, all no go:

- using only NTNAME instead of both NTNAME and USERID/PASSWORD

- distributing to users directly instead of groups(by the way, my DOMAIN\USER is on distribution to named users list)

- changing the DOMAIN\USER case (Domain\User, domain\user, etc)

- changing the document security properties (Open and Security tab)

- creating on Publisher one task to reload and one just to distribute the QVW

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello again,

The issue was with the "GROUPACCESS" field... Using * instead of 1 solved it


Since the document has Strict Exclusion setting activated, I believe using 1 as the value for the field was affecting the file distribution somehow (when loading the file, there was no 0 to relate to USER)


I also used only NTNAME instead of both NTNAME and USERID/PASSWORD, using the QlikView Service user as ADMIN


In case someone has the same issue, hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello again,

The issue was with the "GROUPACCESS" field... Using * instead of 1 solved it


Since the document has Strict Exclusion setting activated, I believe using 1 as the value for the field was affecting the file distribution somehow (when loading the file, there was no 0 to relate to USER)


I also used only NTNAME instead of both NTNAME and USERID/PASSWORD, using the QlikView Service user as ADMIN


In case someone has the same issue, hope this helps