cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Security module change issue

After setting it for the first time, the security module change window appeared, and how many days after using it? how many weeks? A window will pop up asking you to set it up again.

Can you tell me what kind of action is causing this window to reappear?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

This should not have anything to do with license. But without a license you cant open documents from other users.

If this is what you changed

Tool-Edit Module

Requested Module Security

Then users should be prompted every time. But I am not sure if you get it in Access Point. (see my post above)

Easiest way to find this information is to click on the help button when you are in the window. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

I found this in the help, but you don't mention exactly what you did changed to.

By selecting System Access mode the document designer ensures that the end user will be prompted when opening the document to either approve system access (Allow System Access), disable all macros in the document (Disable Macros) or allow only macros without system access (Safe Mode).

Albert_Candelario

Hello @qwebnm,

On the picture we can see you are using a Personal Edition, could it have been that you had the QlikView Desktop licensed and the license lease has expired and you need to license it again and then it was moved back to Personal edition.

If that is the case I would not be surprised that the pop-up has appear again.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It seems that nothing has been changed, but I would like to know the cause of why users say that the security module change window appears.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Although the QlikView server is showing license expiration alarms. Does this mean that the security module change window may appear to users for this reason?

Is the QlikView Desktop license considered a QlikView Server license? or are you apart?

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

This should not have anything to do with license. But without a license you cant open documents from other users.

If this is what you changed

Tool-Edit Module

Requested Module Security

Then users should be prompted every time. But I am not sure if you get it in Access Point. (see my post above)

Easiest way to find this information is to click on the help button when you are in the window. 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

QlikView Desktop and Server licenses are issued separately. Local licenses stay in your computer until you delete them (or Windows OS is upgraded, or C: formatted, or user folders removed, etc.).

However, you can lease a license from a QlikView server which allows such licensing, in which case you need to be able to have a connection between QlikView Server and the laptops.