Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvmpro
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Server configuration to install latest version QlikView

Hi all, 

I have a client who is working with Qlikview v11 and now they will move to new servers and want to take advantage to update to the latest QV version.

I have the new server configuration, but im not an IT-Server-Expert, so... i would need to know if the configuration will work to install and use the latest version of QV. 

If somebody could help will be great. I attached the server info.

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I would recommend reviewing our Knowledge Database for information around upgrading from 11.20 to any of our new versions. 

As for system requirements, see the online help

Specific specifications depend on the load that will be put on the server (user sessions, document complexity, etc..) and we have resources available to help you with that as well in our knowledge database. One size fits all does not exist there, as for one environment 40 GB RAM might be enough because they only a handful of small documents and a small set of users, while another has hundreds of documents or a few single documents that require 40 GB each.

Though I would recommend not having an SQL server installed on the same machine, as the list seems to indicate. Both SQL Server and QlikView are very resource-intensive. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I would recommend reviewing our Knowledge Database for information around upgrading from 11.20 to any of our new versions. 

As for system requirements, see the online help

Specific specifications depend on the load that will be put on the server (user sessions, document complexity, etc..) and we have resources available to help you with that as well in our knowledge database. One size fits all does not exist there, as for one environment 40 GB RAM might be enough because they only a handful of small documents and a small set of users, while another has hundreds of documents or a few single documents that require 40 GB each.

Though I would recommend not having an SQL server installed on the same machine, as the list seems to indicate. Both SQL Server and QlikView are very resource-intensive. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gabriel, have a look at the following area of Community as well, some best practice and other things there that may help on this one:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gp-p/qlik-scalability

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.