Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server installation issue - V11 SR1

Hi, I am installing (well attempting to).. Qlikview 11 SR1 on our new server : -

The issue I am facing is that after I have run the installer I have 3 services which cannot be contacted, I have checked the user privaliges, ports, tried using local host all to no avail..  I need to get this server up asap but after spending yesterday installing, uninstalling, I am completely baffled any ideas that could help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Resolved by uninstalling QVS renaming the server and reinstalling QVS....

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is the user running the qv services a qlikview administrator?

Not applicable
Author

Yes they are

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Felim,

is there an old server still running within the same network? Might cause a license problem.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

According to the picture you have uploaded, it seems that only the QVS service might be running on "localhost" while all the other services (QMS included, that is working, by the way) are running on the machine name "srv-qlik-srv-au". What if you change in the QMC all services to run on localhost (in the QMC, System, Setup, all services set to *@localhost).

If you already tried that with no success, change localhost to the IP of that computer.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Progress is a good thing!  The only part not working now is the QVS but I do not know if this would require a port, if so what would the default port be at the moment I have the URL as qvp://xx.xx.xx.xx/

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Default port for QVP is 4747 that must be open in the Server inbound and outbound, otherwise, the communication will go through the Web Server (which is called tunneling) using port 80.

Do you have all QlikView services running in the same computer or are you using more than one computer?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

We have opened up port 4747 completely and have put the port in the QVP but still receive the following error message:

Server failed to set license: QVS@xx.xx.xx.xx: Failed to connect to server

All services are running on one Server at the moment, we will have another too add once this one is up and running

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Ok, it seems it is a issue when registering the license. If there is some network proxy or router that is not allowing this Server access to the Internet, you will need to manually add the serial number, control code and paste the LEF file content into the correspoding textboxes in the QMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server. This will work even if you are offline or behind a firewall.

If you do not have the LEF file, ask for it to your QlikView sales rep or partner manager.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel even with the LEF pasted in i receive the same error message (Failed to connect to server)