Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Server not found. Verify that the specified server exists. This server name can not be empty.

Dear Qlikies,

I'm trying to install QlikView Server using a domain user, but unfortunately, the QlikView setup doesn't recognize the domain at all, and only sees the machine. How can I use a domain user?

simon_templar_0-1642673678023.pngsimon_templar_1-1642673761109.png

Even when I tried writing it myself in the field in the Domain\user format, it wasn't accepted.

simon_templar_2-1642674016122.png

System:
QlikView: 12.60.20100.0

Your assistance would be so much appreciated.

Best regards, Simon

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the solution, in one of the posts by @Bill_Britt, where he mentioned that to be able to see the domain you would need to start the windows service "Computer Browser", which is disabled by default.

Once I set this service to "Manual", and started it, the QlikView setup was able to recognize my domain, and the users, as shown in the screenshots below.

simon_templar_0-1642676142735.pngsimon_templar_1-1642676219699.png

Here's the post which answered it all
Answer from Bill_Britt 

Best regards, Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the solution, in one of the posts by @Bill_Britt, where he mentioned that to be able to see the domain you would need to start the windows service "Computer Browser", which is disabled by default.

Once I set this service to "Manual", and started it, the QlikView setup was able to recognize my domain, and the users, as shown in the screenshots below.

simon_templar_0-1642676142735.pngsimon_templar_1-1642676219699.png

Here's the post which answered it all
Answer from Bill_Britt 

Best regards, Simon

simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much @Maria_Halley  👍