Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Server not found. Verify that the specified server exists. This server name can not be empty.

Dear Qlikies,

I'm trying to install QlikView Server using a domain user, but unfortunately, the QlikView setup doesn't recognize the domain at all, and only sees the machine. How can I use a domain user?

simon_templar_0-1642673678023.pngsimon_templar_1-1642673761109.png

Even when I tried writing it myself in the field in the Domain\user format, it wasn't accepted.

simon_templar_2-1642674016122.png

System:
QlikView: 12.60.20100.0

Your assistance would be so much appreciated.

Best regards, Simon

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the solution, in one of the posts by @Bill_Britt, where he mentioned that to be able to see the domain you would need to start the windows service "Computer Browser", which is disabled by default.

Once I set this service to "Manual", and started it, the QlikView setup was able to recognize my domain, and the users, as shown in the screenshots below.

simon_templar_0-1642676142735.pngsimon_templar_1-1642676219699.png

Here's the post which answered it all
Answer from Bill_Britt 

Best regards, Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the solution, in one of the posts by @Bill_Britt, where he mentioned that to be able to see the domain you would need to start the windows service "Computer Browser", which is disabled by default.

Once I set this service to "Manual", and started it, the QlikView setup was able to recognize my domain, and the users, as shown in the screenshots below.

simon_templar_0-1642676142735.pngsimon_templar_1-1642676219699.png

Here's the post which answered it all
Answer from Bill_Britt 

Best regards, Simon

simon_templar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much @Maria_Halley  👍