Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session CALs

is there a way to tell which user is using the session CAL? We have several Named user CALs and 1 Session CAL. We use the Session CAL for users who don't access the apps that often but occassional have multiple users who end up trying to use the Session CAL at the same time. I was wondering if there was a way that I could see who was using the Session CAL so I could have them e-mail the other individual when they were done.

thanks,

rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You should be able to see this by opening the session log file, which is by default located in the folder C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikView\Qvs (or C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs for Server 2008). There is a field in that file called "Identifying user" which I believe will tell you what user is using a session.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You should be able to see this by opening the session log file, which is by default located in the folder C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikView\Qvs (or C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs for Server 2008). There is a field in that file called "Identifying user" which I believe will tell you what user is using a session.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

That did it.

thanks,

rob