Thanks for the support,
QV Version - April 2020 SR3, 12.50.20300.0
Is their any provision in QV QMC to create User directories from Local machine and allocate ID,PWD to users(25) instead of using LDAP connections? So that everytime user password expires being a Qlik Admin i can Change Password of User whenever it expires?
Hope you got my Query ?
Thanks for elaborating the issue.
Have you ever tried the Local Directory option from Directry service providers in the QMC?
Please refer to the below help page link which provides an explanation of Local Directory service and also other services.
Let us know if this was helpful.
Here are the steps:
1. I have created a local test user in my local server.
2. Added to local administrator group to be a Qlik administrator.
3. Open QMC -> System -> Setup -> DSC -> Local Directories -> click on + to add user.
4. Select the option get delfaut so it gets the local machine path.
5. Add the local user and password. You can also adjust the Cache expiry minutes(if needed).
6. Try to change the user password and the same will be updated in QMC.
My understanding is that local directory works the same way as an LDAP connector, but it reads the local Windows users on the server.
So to use this you have to add them as local users on the server in Windows.'
When you hit the plus sign in the dialogue you add another connector.
The username and password is to add a user that have access to the users in Windows if the service user does not have it.
So to change the password for the users you have to change it is windows on the local server.
I think that to do what you want you would have to use the custom connector.
There you can add users that you want.
There are details in the link above.