Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Setting up an email alert

Hi,

I am just now taking on more and more administrative tasks on the QV_Server. I have at last access to the most important log_files. Generally, though, I have no access to the company_server (where the QV_Server is hosted)

=> The next step would be to set up an email_alert so myself and a colleague, who is also looking after QV, are informed whenever an automatic reload of any app fails.

The question is: How can I find out what exactly I have to type in the field >> Hostname <<?`

There are radio_buttons for the account which to use - I can enter my own credentials there, can't I? I don't know which server the email_accounts are hosted, though - probably not our company_server, email is more global. It would be more elegant to use the fictitous user all the reloads are done by, but it will be challenging to get an email_account for that ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

17 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

All that you have to do is configure your SMTP server.

QEMC--> System -- > Setup --> Mailserver.

After that you can check by sending test  email from there to your account.

Next go to

QEMC--> System -- > Setup --> Distribution service --> Alert Email.

Enter email Id's of persons you would like this mail to deliver followed by ;

make sure to save changes.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

what shall I say? - yes, exactly ... and how?

What do I have to enter in the field >> Hostname <<? Email_accounts in the company are set up by the global Helpdesk and I'd like to do this without their help if possible, lest it should take ages ...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You just need to mention IP address or Server name of your SMTP server there followed by port number in respective section.

Once done you can send email.

By default email will be send via publisher@company.com you can specify your email there.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

well, I don't know the IP_address of my email_server. Can I somehow find that out on my own or will I have to ask the Helpdesk?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I think you need to contact your IT or Help-desk team.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I will ask them and then I'll be back here, okay?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

now I have my answer:

The name of the server is of the format >> [name].[company].local  << and the port is XX (the standard).

=> What do I have to enter in that field in QMC now, based on that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

you can get your server id through google jut check "my ID" in google from server and you'll get it

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Rohit,

how would that work? What do you mean by "from server"? I know I can check my own IP address if I am logged on - unfortunately I cannot log on to the server itself - it isn't even in this building ...