Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sistemas-santiveri
Contributor
Contributor

Several errors license update, open case support, ....

Hello,

We have been trying to update the license for several days and we are not able to. When we have finally managed to see how it can be done, and we click on "Update license for server" it does it apparently well but then this message appears:

"Must enter a control number"

sistemassantiveri_1-1661938654812.png

We follow the procedure to request this Control Number and when we access with our support user (sistemas@santiveri.es) it returns us this error:

sistemassantiveri_2-1661939209777.png

And we do not get out of that error. This user is the one with which we administer Qlik, we don't understand why he makes us understand that he is not authorized.

Can you tell us how to proceed to update the license?

Thanks!!

(Excuse my english)

email: sistemas@santiveri.es

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sistemas-santiveri,

Also see Qlik Support article How to Request a Control Number and LEF.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sistemas-santiveri
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We have tried about 10 times to open a case to explain this and it always returns an error, no matter what is indicated in the case or the options you choose, when you click create case, it loads the same page indefinitely. I cannot renew the product license, the request for the control number does not work and when I want to open a case to explain all these problems, it also gives us an error and does not allow us, that is why I send it to you here. I don't know how to speak English to be able to call you and discuss it over the phone. I await response. Thank you and greetings.

marcus_sommer

The licence key and the control number must be within the contract between your company and Qlik respectively your Qlik partner. Within them may also the information which personal business user(s) from your company are related to your account by Qlik which should be then able to access the case-portal (it's not related to the - usually - technically admin user of QlikView).

- Marcus

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Yes, a control number and Serial number are required to license the server.  Both should have been in an email sent to the email on your account. Please contact your Account Manager for this information and have him set up your information so you can open a case. 

You can also, email customersupport@qlik.com 

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sistemas-santiveri,

Also see Qlik Support article How to Request a Control Number and LEF.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!