Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Signed License key and Analyzer Capacity Licencse

Hi,

We have switched to the AMP and received a signed license key, with several Professional and analyzer users. But also an Analyzer Capacity License with 1000 analyzer minutes.

In Qlik Sense you can make rules, apply licenses and erverything for these license types. But in Qlikview I can only find a possibility to assign Professional and Analyzer users. I cannot find a place to apply rules for the Capacity License. I cannot define a rule somewhere. At this moment everyone within the network can access Qlikview and use minutes from the capacity license.

Does anyone have any idea how and where I can manage this license?

Kind regards,

Isabelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

QlikView doesn't have the Rules functionality that Qlik Sense does.  It's a fundamental difference between the products.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ift_isabelle,

Have a look at the QlikView Help Allocating Professional and Analyzer access.  Do you have dynamic assignment of Professional access enabled?  If so, you may want to disable this and only assign Professional access to those users who require it.

Best Regards

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have read this documentation before. The problem is that I don't want the assignment of the Anlyzer Capacity License to be "everyone else". I want a specific usergroep to use the capacity license. If they don't have a specific usergroup assigned in the LDAP, I don't want them to access Qlikview or Qlik Sense.

In Qlik Sense this works, in Qlikview I don't see the option to create this rule. So do you know a place to create this rule?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

QlikView doesn't have the Rules functionality that Qlik Sense does.  It's a fundamental difference between the products.

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the information.

Please also tell this information to your collegues who reply on the tickets via support.qlik.com, because they are not aware of this information and couldn't give me this answer.

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I noticed that you answer was accepted as solution. But I don't agree. It is an answer, but it is not the solution to my problem.

I know there won't be a lot of development on Qlikview, but I think it is weird that you cannot manage a license. For me that sounds like a bug.