Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspringer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Single Sign-on - Directory?

We have recently worked with a third party to somewhat successfully implement a single sign-on solution for outside users of the organization.  I say successful because we can see the user successfully come into the Access Point via the web (their user ID passed from their company shows up in the top right) but I am unable to assign the correct document licenses and permissions.  How do I add a user that is located in none of the directories attached to Qlik?

Thank you,

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Do you have publisher? If so you will need to build a directory connectors to the source of your users. If you don't have publisher you can add them build them under User Documents. To have the Authorization tab show up, you have to set QVS for DMS mode. Then you can add the users at the bottom.

2.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sspringer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Bill,

Thank you for the response!

I've tried exactly that, entered the users Login ID (as it is being passed through from their system) without the domain.  For example ACMECorp\jdoe just comes through the SAML as "jdoe" in the top right in Qlik AccessPoint as the user.  Therefore, I thought just doing what you said, adding jdoe manually to the bottom would work, it did NOT.

We DO NOT have publisher.  is it possible that the system is looking for joe in a directory connector somewhere but unable to find?

Any other tips on why it might not be working?  We have DMS enabled and authorisation tab setup exactly as you have shown in your screenshot.

Thanks,
Scott

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Scott,

I am assuming you are using headers. What do you have the header setup as?  You should set the Prefix to ACMECorp\ . Also, when you add the user you will need ACMECorp\ in front of the users name.

3.png
Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sspringer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Bill,

We currently have the authentication set to NTLM.  If we change to Header how do we deal with the fact that our company users could be coming in from multiple different domains?  A little unique of a setup but I assume the approach you are outlining assumes everyone is coming in from ACMECorp (which is not the case).  Any ideas?

Thank you,
Scott

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Scott,

I would suggest you contact your account manager and see if they can't get Professional  Services to look at what you are trying to do and give you input on it.

At this point I am not sure how you are authenticating your users, but you can't use NTLM unless you are using the native windows user id.

See if the attach will help

Bill