cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinapullen1
Contributor
Contributor

Slow performance on filtering

Help please!  I've built several QlikView files, that are over a year old....  but for the last week or so I've really been struggling with the speed of the content within the files.  e.g. filtering is taking between 10-40 secs each time to even bring up the list for me to filter by.  If I move a graph from one place to another it takes about 10-20 secs to move, if I make changes to the expression or change anything in a graph it takes 10-20 secs to show the change....etc.  I'm looking at one of the files as an example & I've tried excluding lines from the script, I'm moved the apps onto my desktop, I've had more memory given on the laptop, I've only included 2021 data rather than 2019/2020 data, I've rebuilt the QlikView visual dashboard - all to see if this helps....I just cant understand what has changed.   I have 2 tabs on my script - 1 of which is the mapping data for lookups, the other is the data set.  Please does anyone know what may of happened?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Something essential within your datamodel may have changed so that there are much more records and/or missing keys / broken links and/or any cartesian calculations happens or something similar. This means you need to check your datamodel if all tables/fields/fieldvalues are there and are like expected.

Beside this take a look on the installed windows-updates because there were lastly some issues, see:

Solved: Performance drop on QV Desktop Clients since insta... - Qlik Community - 1784643

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Something essential within your datamodel may have changed so that there are much more records and/or missing keys / broken links and/or any cartesian calculations happens or something similar. This means you need to check your datamodel if all tables/fields/fieldvalues are there and are like expected.

Beside this take a look on the installed windows-updates because there were lastly some issues, see:

Solved: Performance drop on QV Desktop Clients since insta... - Qlik Community - 1784643

- Marcus

tinapullen1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus - I've asked IT to take a look at the window update issue as it so happened that the laptop had an update the night before.... maybe this could be it?  I have checked the data model & because its not just one QlikView file makes me think that its not the data  (possibly)

marcus_sommer

That this happens to multiple applications doesn't mean that's not related to the data because quite often they use the same / similar qvd's respectively logics from where the data are loaded and how are they extracted/transformed.

For example if data are loaded with: t: load * from x; there may an essential field be missing and/or any additionally ones - both may not result in an script-error but in invalid loadings/joins/data-structures. Quite similar if the data-quality changed or there were adjustments to the interpreting-variables or ... even quite small changes may have a huge impact.

- Marcus