Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Small Business Edition Server Installation Guide

Hi Folks

Can anyone please help me obtain / point me in correct direction for - Qlikview Small Business Edition Server Installation Guide.

If no such document exists then, anyone who has installed the same, can share their experience or lessons learnt.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sap

12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Copy & paste from Server Reference Manual

2.1 System Requirements

In order to successfully install and run the QlikView Server/Publisher, the following basic requirements must be met by the system:

Hardware and Software

• 1 GHz (x86 processor) or 1.4 GHz (x64 processor). 2 GHz or faster, with several cores/processors recommended.

• QlikView Server will use the color settings of the Windows server where it runs when sending charts and other graphics to the client. For best results, the color palette on the Windows server should be set to at least 65,536 col- ors (16 bit).

• a mouse or an equivalent pointing device supported by Microsoft Windows. • (optional) a DVD drive for DVD-based install media only. • a hard disk with at least 450 MB of free disk space.

• 1 GB RAM minimum on x86 systems and 4GB minimum on X64 systems. The server's capacity to publish QlikView documents and the number of users who concurrently can connect to it are strongly related to the amount of RAM available.

• An http server for providing AJAX ZFC solutions to end users (e.g. MS Internet Information Services (IIS) or the built-in QVWebServer). Microsoft IIS or the built-in web server is required when using tunneling, external authentication or NT security with the AJAX Zero-Footprint client.

• TCP/IP Network. • Microsoft .NET 3.5.

Actual requirements will vary, based on system configurations. It is recom- mended that you work with your local QlikView representative to configure an appropriate hardware platform for your QlikView Server/Publisher requirements.

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and later, Firefox 3 or Google Chrome to use QlikView Management Console.

Supported Operating Systems

• Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 TM including x64 Edition QlikView Server/Publisher 19

I• Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 TM including x64 Edition

• Microsoft® Windows XPTM including x64 Edition*

• Microsoft® Windows VistaTM including x64 Edition*

• Microsoft® Windows 7 including x64 Edition* *Recommended for development and testing purposes only.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you much!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sap Help,

Did you find the solution?

Still i am having doubt, like i don't know how to download the QlikView Server Small Business Edition.

Bit confusing, Where i have to start..

Can you please share me the link which you have step-by-step.

I appreciate for your help..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful