Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Source Control/Version Control and objects removal

Hello,

I'm currently looking to implement source control/version control in qlikview and I am using TortoiseSVN.

The issue I am facing has to do with removal of objects in a qvw, so let me set up a scenario to better explain what I mean.

Day 1: I created an app with object TX01 and save. Prj folder has file TX01.

Commit changes and repository also gets TX01 file.

Day 2: Removed TX01 from app and save. Prj folder automatically removes file TX01.

Commit changes and it says file is missing because it no longer exists on the Prj folder , but exists in the repository.

Now if do an Update SVN I will get files on my Prj folder that are not supposed to exist.

Strangely, after this, if I open the qvw file it doesn't show TX01 on the sheet either, despite it now existing on the prj folder.

In my opinion the deletion of an object in qlikview shouldn't delete the file automatically after save. It should send a deletion command to the svn repository, deleting the file there too.

Can anyone share their experience or shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,

André Braga

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
It's difficult to say if this is a bug or a product limitation, but it's worth investigating it with R&D.

I would suggest that you open a Support case, either with your responsible partner (if you have one) or with Qlik Support (if you are entitled to direct support). This will guarantee you the proper service level.

And make sure to include your license number in the case

Thanks in advance!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I'll make sure to do that and update once I get a proper answer.

Best Regards,
André Braga