Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimK
Contributor
Contributor

Specific user can't see any charts/visualizations

Hello,

Since a few weeks we have a single user that can see only half the contents of one application we run since a very long time. The App has section access applied but not on those specific tabs. I've validated section access and the user has 100% identical permission of a colleague where the app works just fine. Tried running the app in incognito/private tabs, deleted browser data, tried different browsers and on a different machine - but it didnt work. The app has a lot of conditional displaying, half of the app works just fine for the user but one specific part always loads blank. The tabs appear but none of the listboxes or charts show up, no error, nothing. Have also looked into the network trace of the browser.

At this point i don't really know where else to look, have checked SectionAccess, reassigned permission, tried all the above. Any suggestions what could cause this issue?

We're running on a quite old qlikview version: 12.0.20400.0

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (4)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Identically permissions doesn't mean that this user is also linked to the same (valid) data. I would assume that there is anything different to your expectations. I think I would load the section access data twice - one time as normal section access and then within the section application (you may use qualify or rename the field explicitly - all from there unless the keys) and then creating some table- and listboxes (maybe within a hidden sheet) to check the data and their connections to each other.

- Marcus