Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhivya_p1_ibm
Contributor
Contributor

StartCount in TaskResult.xml

Hi All,

Hope your are staying safe and healthy!

I have come across TaskResult.xml file. I'm curious to know what does this StartCount refer to in this file.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

DP

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe that should be equal to the number of times the Task has actually been run.  I checked on my environment, I am off by 1 on one of the tasks I checked, not sure what else might count to increment that, but let me know if you have further questions and I can try to get further information, but I am pretty sure it is basically just the count of the number of times the task has been started.  The only thing that comes to mind on the discrepancy is given it is my laptop, maybe it tried to run and I killed it by shutting down etc., which might result in things getting messed up at that point.  So to explain another way, in a production setup, if you restart the QDS service(s), the tasks that get killed might register funny at that point, i.e. they may not show up in task history but would increment the started counter you found.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully this will fit your environment as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.