Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II

Stopping the QV Server Service and its effects

Hello everyone,

I am planning to make the following changes for setting up the License Analyzer QV(screenshot).

When I stop the QV Server service for a few seconds, does it affect the users? Do I have to notify the users to save their changes (like bookmarks, etc) before I stop the service?

Are there any other points I have to be aware of before stopping the service and  making config changes ? Please provide your inputs.

Thank You!

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Aarohi,

Every time you stop the QVS, all your users will be disconnected, so I recommend asking them to close their browsers and not re-connect until you have the QVS back up and running. Then any changes they had to objects/bookmarks/etc, will be saved.

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Aarohi,

Every time you stop the QVS, all your users will be disconnected, so I recommend asking them to close their browsers and not re-connect until you have the QVS back up and running. Then any changes they had to objects/bookmarks/etc, will be saved.

Jason

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Aarohi,

Jason is correct in that stopping QVS will stop any active user sessions on the AccessPoint, so suggest you make the change during a scheduled server maintenance period. You can check to see if any users are active by looking in QMC > Status > QVS Statistics > QVS@ > Active Users tab before stopping the QVS service.

I would caution that enabling the "PGO as XML' will cause a performance hit as the near constant read/write activity of the PGO files will in effect double, as the XML files will be generated. Qlik Support suggests only using the 'PGO as XML' configuration for short a duration, such as troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!