Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II

Stopping the QV Server Service and its effects

Hello everyone,

I am planning to make the following changes for setting up the License Analyzer QV(screenshot).

When I stop the QV Server service for a few seconds, does it affect the users? Do I have to notify the users to save their changes (like bookmarks, etc) before I stop the service?

Are there any other points I have to be aware of before stopping the service and  making config changes ? Please provide your inputs.

Thank You!

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Aarohi,

Every time you stop the QVS, all your users will be disconnected, so I recommend asking them to close their browsers and not re-connect until you have the QVS back up and running. Then any changes they had to objects/bookmarks/etc, will be saved.

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Aarohi,

Every time you stop the QVS, all your users will be disconnected, so I recommend asking them to close their browsers and not re-connect until you have the QVS back up and running. Then any changes they had to objects/bookmarks/etc, will be saved.

Jason

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Aarohi,

Jason is correct in that stopping QVS will stop any active user sessions on the AccessPoint, so suggest you make the change during a scheduled server maintenance period. You can check to see if any users are active by looking in QMC > Status > QVS Statistics > QVS@ > Active Users tab before stopping the QVS service.

I would caution that enabling the "PGO as XML' will cause a performance hit as the near constant read/write activity of the PGO files will in effect double, as the XML files will be generated. Qlik Support suggests only using the 'PGO as XML' configuration for short a duration, such as troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!