Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Strange behavior variables - Values of variables get exchanged

Hello community,

we face a super strange QlikView behavior after upgrade from 12.20 to 12.40.

After I reload our apps via QMC the values of the variables get exchanged.

Screenshot before reload - values are correct

starlimsterner1.png

Screenshot after QMC reload - all the values got exchanged:

starlimsterner2.png

Screenshot after a second reload - values got again exchanged

starlimsterner3.png

If I reload the app via the client, everything is fine.

I guess it has something to do with the Publisher.

Do you have an idea what I can check? Or what the reason is or can be?

Thank you.

Best regards, Patrick

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The differences between the versions were the problem. And furthermore, some variables have been set without LET oder SET.

Thank you.

Best regards, Patrick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Without the QVW file, rather difficult to look into things, as the only logical thing would be something in the script that is not being handled by Publisher, but without access to that information, no way to confirm...  If you need to scramble any sensitive fields, you can do so via the Settings\Document Properties\Scrambling tab, only way I see for you to get further feedback on this one.  Also be sure your Desktop Client version matches the Publisher version and I would also confirm the QVB.exe that is attached to Publisher is the correct 12.40 version too, things need to be in sync, only other thing of which I can think is something is out of sync somewhere that might cause the behavior.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
marcus_sommer

I assume that most of variables aren't manually set in the script else that they are loaded from included-variables, per loop through external db/excel-source created variables and/or calculated ones. If so it might be the wrong ones loaded and/or the creating/calculating-logic doesn't work like before. Therefore I suggest to check these logics.

- Marcus

pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The differences between the versions were the problem. And furthermore, some variables have been set without LET oder SET.

Thank you.

Best regards, Patrick