Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Supporting Tasks - Batch file is not running with UNC path

Hello Community, we wrote a batch files to copy text files from one place to another place. All these scripts are created in Qlikview Source documents folder and folders are shared folders.

I am running the batch file manually its working as expected. So I created Supporting Task on QEMC try to run with following command and its not working.

"\\servername\ExternalScripts\Batch\copytxt.cmd" ===> Not Working

But I copied the file QEMC server locally & running command its working.

"D;\Externalscripts\copytxy.cmd"    ===> Working

Why the supporting Task is not running the batch file with UNC Path ? Is there any setting I need ti turn on ?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are the credentials used to map the d: drive the same as user that runs the QMC service? Perhaps, as a test, you could launch a command prompt or Explorer window as that user, and see if it lets you browse to that UNC path, just to verify that that user has rights to read/execute the file in that directory.

Not applicable
Author

Hi the user have both read/write access on the \\servername\ExternalScripts\Batch.

I am accessing the above path inside server.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does the service account also have those permission for the Share?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you have any more information about the execution failure aside from "it doesn't work"? A Supporting task also creates a task log and that one may contain additional information about the failed batch execution.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

External tasks execution paths are normally specified using the drive letter on the server. Have you tried using the drive letter in the TaskDef?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

The task triggered and completed in 1 sec. I can't find more details on the task log. It say completed not more details.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob, Batch files are not local to QEMC server and batch files are on shared drive. If I copy the batch file to local folder and batch file running fine. But I am running through UNC path (shared drive path \\servername\) & its doing nothing.

Not applicable
Author

Service account have both read/write permissions

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Got it. If you invoke it using the unc path from your local machine, does it work? If not, you can debug t from there.

-Rob