Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardvanwyk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Switching QlikView’s Report Editor on in Access Point

Hi,

How do you switch the Documents Report setting on so users on AccessPoint via Ajax can see the report options.

I can turn it on in design but it's not showing in Ajax?

I've attached photo of what I refer to.

Using Qlikview 12.2.2

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to be sure of a couple of things here:

1. In the QMC\System\Setup\QVS Resource\Documents tab settings
  2. Check that the Allow Server Objects checkbox is checked there, that is the master setting
  3. Next, check QMC\Documents\User Documents, or Source if you have Publisher and are distributing things
  4. Find the App/Task in question for the app and click it
  5. In the settings area to the right side, be sure the Allow Creation of Server Ojbects is check on the Server Objects menu of the Server tab settings, and you have set either specific users or All Authenticated etc.
  6. Lastly, in the Desktop/Developer Client, go to Settings\Document Properties\Server tab settings
  7. Under the Server Objects are there, be sure you have Allow Server Reports set too.

That should be everything in play of which I can recall, hopefully you will find that something is unchecked somewhere here. 

So ignore me regarding Ajax being able to create reports, Bill is correct, and just goes to show even the gurus screw things up sometimes, I could have sworn this was possible, but I did try it after Bill found the Help links, and sure enough, there is no means to do so, so even I get schooled sometimes, apologies for not doing my homework thoroughly on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to be sure of a couple of things here:

1. In the QMC\System\Setup\QVS Resource\Documents tab settings
  2. Check that the Allow Server Objects checkbox is checked there, that is the master setting
  3. Next, check QMC\Documents\User Documents, or Source if you have Publisher and are distributing things
  4. Find the App/Task in question for the app and click it
  5. In the settings area to the right side, be sure the Allow Creation of Server Ojbects is check on the Server Objects menu of the Server tab settings, and you have set either specific users or All Authenticated etc.
  6. Lastly, in the Desktop/Developer Client, go to Settings\Document Properties\Server tab settings
  7. Under the Server Objects are there, be sure you have Allow Server Reports set too.

That should be everything in play of which I can recall, hopefully you will find that something is unchecked somewhere here. 

So ignore me regarding Ajax being able to create reports, Bill is correct, and just goes to show even the gurus screw things up sometimes, I could have sworn this was possible, but I did try it after Bill found the Help links, and sure enough, there is no means to do so, so even I get schooled sometimes, apologies for not doing my homework thoroughly on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I would like to add to Brett's post. You can't create reports in the AJAX client.

User reports can only be created from the Windows based QlikView clients (that is, not from AJAX clients).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/ReportTypes.htm

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
gerhardvanwyk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply, I've sent it off to our admin team as I'm a developer and to do not have visibility of this side.

I understand that you can't create user reports but I'm looking at creating the document report first and loading the app to the server. So the user will not be able to create their own reports just use the one I created.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Gerhard

gerhardvanwyk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help Brett, this is working for us now. To clarify we are not asking the user to create reports we create it in the document and then the user just prints the report based on their selections.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct and glad my write-up helped, after Bill wrote his, I was afraid you were actually trying to allow folks to create things via Ajax, but it seems you just wanted to enable them to be able to run existing ones, so glad we were able to get you working here. 

Cheers,
Brett