Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigosong
Contributor
Contributor

Task is being reloaded although task has been disabled in QMC

Hello,

I have noticed a strange behaviour on our QlikView server.

I have a report which is reloaded weekly (every sunday). The data base connection for this report has changed, which is the reason why an error message is thrown which says "failed to load task". So I have disabled the reload of the report in order to adapt the script with the new data base connection. So in QMC I have disabled the reload schedule of this report -> Documents/User Documents/Report.qvw/Reload. There I changed the reload schedule from "weekly" to "none".

However, today I have again received an error message from our QlikView server that the reload of the task has failed. How is this possible since I have disabled the reload schedule of the task?

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Rigobert,

It could be that the task is being called by a trigger/action from another task. Have a look at the QDS Root log for the dates of the occurrence, searching for the task name. The Root log should assist you in determining when/why the task is being run. The default location for the QDS Root log is %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and has a naming convention of Root_<date>.txt

Hope this helps.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rigosong
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your response Chip.

I have checked the log and the first entry concerning this report says Triggered by 'ScheduleTrigger' so as far as I understand it, the task is called by the scheduler and not by another task. This is what confuses me, since I have disabled the scheduler for this task.