Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spcpeters
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tasks resetting in one particular category

We have a non-publisher Qlikview server where we just ran into a weird issue. Our Qlikview files are distributed across multiple directories, according to development teams. We just had the issue that one of the groups lost/reset their scheduled tasks in the QMC in one particular directory. The documents were physically still present in the Documents view, but the tasks were pointing at the default Category instead of their specific one and they lost all registered users in the Authorization sheet of the QMC.

The developers don't have access to the QMC, only I do. 

What would be the most likely cause of this issue? I have the feeling they somehow deleted relevant files in their directory, but I'm not sure if it would be the server-generated files (.meta / .tshared) or if temporary deletion&replacement of the .qvw would do it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Stephan, that would be the .meta files in this case, that is where both the Category and DMS authorizations are stored, so pretty certain you are spot on with your theory here.  Shout if you have further questions on things.  The only other thing of which I can think is if they changed path, but you made it sound like they did not have access to do that, so pretty sure it is the prior in that case.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.