Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Type CRT Detected: Event ID 300 QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.

Hello Qlikview

I have one specific app that gives me the error below: It crashes the whole Qlikview services.
Our testing environment is connected to the same kind of data and does not crash. I was advised to update my Qlikview from 12 to 12.20, but I want to double check if there is any other fix. The dump file does not help and we tested each object to verify the source but can't seem to find what makes this application the whole qlikview service reboot.

The description for Event ID 300 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type CRT, detected.

-------------------------------------------------

The description for Event ID 300 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Core dump: Core dump result = 1
---------------------------------------------------

QVGeneral: SERVER - DMR: Validate and Apply Hex. UsrName()

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Check this link.

Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type CRT, detected.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The advice to upgrade from 12.xx to 12.20 is probably motivated by the fact that in 12.20 the entire server object management code has been converted to a more reliable transaction-based system. If - as indicated in the discussion that Kaushik linked to - your problems are caused by too many/corrupted/unreliable server objects, that would be about the only long-term solution available.

Is the problem happening when the QVS loads the document for a specific user or for any user? Are those users making heavy use of server objects?

Before considering an upgrade, you could also diagnose and utlimately try to repair problems with damaged server object files by running the QVS in repair mode on the .Shared file for this particular document. See: Cleaning the shared files ‒ QlikView‌  Note that this is a help page for v12.10. AFAIK repair mode works for 12.xx as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I remember seeing this link.
Any user who accesses the app it crashes (so it is not only my issue). I have also removed the .shared and meta files and I still have the same issue. My only guess is upgrading the server (but I am also having issues with that as well, while not knowing if going through the trouble of upgrading the server is going to fix my problem).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is the problem happening when the QVS loads the document for a specific user or for any user? Are those users making heavy use of server objects?

Problem exist for any user. I don't theink they are making heavy use of the objects. All I know is that they make one click on an object...the server resources spike up and restart  the whole QVS service.

Before considering an upgrade, you could also diagnose and utlimately try to repair problems with damaged server object files by running the QVS in repair mode on the .Shared file for this particular document. See:Cleaning the shared files ‒ QlikView  Note that this is a help page for v12.10. AFAIK repair mode works for 12.xx as well.

Let me give this a try and get back to you. If I can fix this by doing this then I wont do the problematic upgrade. Though I remember deleting the .shared files and having them re-created after a reload and it still crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to run the (in command prompt running as admin) the shared file cleaning tool but I am getting "QVS.exe is not recognized  as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Any other suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After running it successfully I am not getting a log- but even with a new shared file I am getting the same kind of error. With a troubleshoot to the .shared file I am not sure if theres much I can do

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you should contact Qlik Support, especially if this is a blocking problem for your company. Those "internal inconsistency" messages mean usually two things:

• a correct explanation with a workaround or a solution can only be given by people "on the inside" (or QlikView users that were in the same situation before you)
  • almost everybody hopes to never ever encounter one of those And luckily, they don't occur that often anymore. But as a result, information on how to remedy one of those may be sparse...

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter!