Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavyadwh91
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to access QMC from outside the server

Hi Everyone,

I am able to access the QMC page inside the server using localhost but it is not loading when I tried to access it outside the server using server name.

http://<servername>:4780/qmc/ Qmc page is not loading outside the server

Please help.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Maybe you or the port or the entire network-access are restricted. It may also a matter of any proxy-server which are needed for the access. You may try to get more information with ping/tracert or similar or you ask your network guys for help.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Either your personal account isn't member of the QlikView Admins local user group (on the server) or there is a problem with your dns and cannot resolve the server name, try again using the server's IP address. 

Father/Husband/BI Developer
kavyadwh91
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response.  I tried using IP address but it is not working still

kavyadwh91
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

QMC page itself is not loading.

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Then your personal account, the one you use to log in into your pc, may not be a member of the QlikView Admins Group.

If you are not  you can't view QMC

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-Management-Console-Membership-of-local-Security-Gro...

Father/Husband/BI Developer
kavyadwh91
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have added my login into Qlikview Admins group and restarted the service and server as well.  But still facing same issue

marcus_sommer

Maybe you or the port or the entire network-access are restricted. It may also a matter of any proxy-server which are needed for the access. You may try to get more information with ping/tracert or similar or you ask your network guys for help.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kavyadwh91,

Suggest that you check the .HAR file when attempting to open the QMC. See article Save network web traffic (HAR/XML file) and console logs from the browser's developer tools for steps on how to capture.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kavyadwh91,

Can you provide an update?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rnadgir001
Contributor
Contributor

It was proxy related. it is working fine. Thank you all