Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to add user in distribute tab of QMC

Hi QlikView Community,

While creating task in QMC i am facing kind of strange problem. When i am going to distribute the task to the user, I am unable to add user details. For better understanding i am attaching the snapshot of the error message.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

QlikView  ##New to QlikView

Error SnapshotError Snapshot

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@AshishJaiswal_123 

Looks like the DSC is not responding due to Timeout . There is a default timeout value of 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds) for any other QlikView service communicating with the Directory Service Connector (DSC). It's a general timeout, handling all calls to DSC for that specific service. To increase this timeout value, a change is needed to the QlikView Management Service (QMS) configuration file - QVManagementService.exe.config located in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Management Service.  Kindly refer to the community post below for details

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/DSC-Cluster-did-not-respond-to-request-Last-exception-for-ht...

View solution in original post

AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Everyone Server reboot has fixed the issue. Thank you for your Support.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky  may be you can help me with this issue.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@AshishJaiswal_123 

Looks like the DSC is not responding due to Timeout . There is a default timeout value of 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds) for any other QlikView service communicating with the Directory Service Connector (DSC). It's a general timeout, handling all calls to DSC for that specific service. To increase this timeout value, a change is needed to the QlikView Management Service (QMS) configuration file - QVManagementService.exe.config located in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Management Service.  Kindly refer to the community post below for details

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/DSC-Cluster-did-not-respond-to-request-Last-exception-for-ht...

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Jill_Masinde  After doing above changes i am getting other error "The search criteria was too general. Narrow the criteria to get a result.

Attaching Snapshot

SearchCriteriais.png

Please help me. 

lucpechali
Partner - Contributor III

You had to use * in your search and there's too many answer (more than 500).

Instead of *, search for user with letters of the user

Ex : for Edisson Alan, you can use *Edi* or *Al* or anything near the name of your user replace by star for the others letters

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am using particular ID of that user but throwing the same error.

lucpechali

Is your DSC operationnal ? Don't you get a red star at the end of the line in your configuration ?

lucpechali_0-1659076086559.jpeg

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

ashish1504_0-1659076511547.png

See not working

lucpechali

Do you have multiple DSC ? In that case, you should choose only the one you're looking for in "Default scope"

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

No i don't think we have multiple DSC. Why it is unable to fetch other directories ?